Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

Can my daughter takes estrogen based medication in the

Can my daughter takes...

Can my daughter takes estrogen based medication in the second trimester of pregnancy

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

None and no

3/28/2018
Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz

Hi, you are speaking with Dr Jonathan. It depends, what medication is it and what will she be taking it for?

I am still here, are we connected?

I am not sure I just tried ot call her and of course she does not answer. She just asked about estrogen based drugs during the second trimester. It is possible she is thinking about her uterine wall or the fact that she has placenta previa.
no phone call please

No worries, it is an automatic offer from the website. I doubt it is being prescribed for placenta previa. However, it is normal in some situations for doctors to prescribe estrogen or progesterone during pregnancy. I can assure you it is safe, however I cannot be more detailed without knowing what is being treated.

She said to strengthen her uterine wall
She has had three c sections and is due again in August after only a year since the last birth

Ok, that is definitely a valid reason. Estrogen will help with that. And safe to take at this time in her pregnancy.

Thank you so much

You're very welcome. Best wishes to her! You can end our chat when you are ready by clicking the Submit button in the top right corner. Have a great day.

Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz