Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

Can you take CBD oil with Prednisone?

Can you take CBD oil with Prednisone?
3/26/2018
Shaun Dillavou
Shaun Dillavou, Pharmacist

Hello - This is Dr. Shaun and I am a pharmacist with over 15 years of experience. Thank you for the question and for using JustAnswer.

CBD can potentially interact with quite a few drugs due to the way the body metabolizes CBD, but Prednisone does not fall in to any of these classes of drugs.

Therefore it is safe to use CBD and Prednisone (there are no known interactions).

I hope this information helps you. If you need more or would like clarification, please do not hesitate to ask. Please also take a moment to rate your experience.

Shaun Dillavou
Shaun Dillavou, Pharmacist
Thank you!!

You are very welcome. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Please do not forget to rate me - my goal is to provide a 5-star experience for all customers.

I have one more question. Are any pain relievers (Advil, Tylenol, Aleve, etc) safe to take with CBD oil?

All of these are fine with the CBD oil, however you do want to be careful with Advil (or any ibuprofen product) and Aleve (or any naproxen product) with prednisone. All of these are anti-inflammatories, the difference being prednisone is steroidal where as the others are non-steroidal. The main thing here is any can cause stomach issues, and taken together it can be even worse. If you need to take something other than prednisone, I recommend the Tylenol while on prednisone. At the very lest separate the pain reliever and prednisone by a few hours, and make sure you have something on your stomach before taking them.

Awesome. That is very helpful. Thank you!!