Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I have been taking cymbalta 60mg daily for years. I have…

I have been taking...

I have been taking cymbalta 60mg daily for years. I have chronic hives and my allergist gave me doxepin 100 mg to try. Can i take this along with my cymbalta?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I take bp meds but he knows that

3/25/2018
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

No you cannot

they both increase serotonin so there is a risk of serotonin syndrome

is this helpful?

thats what I thought too.

No problem

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor