Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I had a couple of beers last night, and stopped drinking a…

I had a couple of...
I had a couple of beers last night, and stopped drinking a little before 1am. Is it safe for me to take a St. Joeseph low dose aspirin? Its been about 8 hours since I drank, so I think I should be fine. But I want to be sure. I'm a 29 year old female. I take Zyrtec and flonase for my seasonal allergies, as well as 100mcg of Levothyroxine.
3/25/2018
Shaun Dillavou
Shaun Dillavou, Pharmacist

Hello - This is Dr. Shaun and I am a pharmacist with over 15 years of experience. Thank you for the question and for using JustAnswer.

Yes - Enough time has passed that the couple of drinks from last night will not interfere with aspirin today. You generally want to avoid taking aspirin with alcohol as it can cause stomach issues, but 81mg (low dose) 8 hours after your last drink is perfectly fine.

I hope this information helps you. If you need more or would like clarification, please do not hesitate to ask. Please also take a moment to rate your experience.

Would it be a problem if I took a couple of Zquil shortly after taking a low dose aspirin?

That is fine. The Zquil will likely cause drowsiness, so make sure you do not have anything to do that requires you to be alert (driving for example). I realize that is the point of Zquil, but just want to make sure you stay safe.

Shaun Dillavou
Shaun Dillavou, Pharmacist
I see. Thank you. That was very helpful.

Glad to help, and thank you for the rating.

If you would like to reach me in the future for other questions, you can contact me directly through JustAnswer via the link below.

https://www.justanswer.com/pharmacy/expert-drshaun/