Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I am taking the following medications amlodipine besylate,

losartan potassium nadolol Crestor (rosuvastatin) Xarelto (rivaroxaban) Zoloft (sertraline)...
losartan potassium
nadolol
Crestor (rosuvastatin)
Xarelto (rivaroxaban)
Zoloft (sertraline) are there any interactions. I’ve been taking Nadolol for A-fib, and Losartan potassium for blood pressure but it’s not controlling my blood pressure but my doctor just added amlodipine besylate and I’m worried about taking 3 heart medications
3/25/2018
Shaun Dillavou
Shaun Dillavou, Pharmacist

Hello - This is Dr. Shaun and I am a pharmacist with over 15 years of experience. Thank you for the question and for using JustAnswer.

These medications are all fine together. There are no interactions.

To elaborate on your concern about taking three heart medications, these are fine as well. Each of these three medications are in different classes and work in different ways to help with both heart and blood pressure problems. It is actually very common to be on multiple medications in this scenario.

I hope this information helps you. If you need more or would like clarification, please do not hesitate to ask. Please also take a moment to rate your experience.

Should I or can I take them close to each other?

Yes - it is fine to take these together or close together.

You will also want to monitor your blood pressure, especially for the first week or so starting a new medication (or any time your doctor adds or changes a blood pressure medication). This will help you communicate to your doctor how well the new medication is working in combination with the others.

How long should it be for the amlodipine besylate to begin to work?

It will take between 5-10 days for the amlodipine to reach maximum effectiveness.

Shaun Dillavou
Shaun Dillavou, Pharmacist
Thank you