Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I had a infected sinus lift, bone graft and implants and…

Customer Question
I had a infected...

I had a infected sinus lift, bone graft and implants and face is throbbing. Doc doesn't wanna write prescriptions for hydrocodone or something strong. How can I get a prescriptions legally n medications?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I take effect, a multivitamin, telesmaetin for blood pressure 40 mg.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have Gerd n osteoporosis

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
3/24/2018
Pharmacist: Saqib, Pharmacist replied 4 months ago
Saqib
Saqib, Pharmacist

Hi, My name is***** have been helping my patients as a licensed pharmacist since last 14 years. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Hi. The only legal way to obtain a prescription for narcotics like hydrocodone is to convince your doctor that you are in so much pain that ordinary pain killers can not help.

If your MD is too cautious, ask him to write Tylenol#3 (has 30 mg codeine) or Tylenol#4 (#4 has 60 mg codeine). The doctor can combine this with Toradol 10 mg tablet which is a strong pain killer.

These 2 medications may help you out for your pain symptoms. But because you have GERD, your MD will also need to write Nexium or Pantoloc for acid control as Toradol may irritate your stomach.

Please don't forget to rate my answer if you like it.