Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

Can medication be used if it expired five months ago? The…

Customer Question
Can medication be used...

Can medication be used if it expired five months ago?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

The medications that I take daily are pravastatin and By stolic. The medication I am asking about is not these two.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really. The medication I am asking about was give to me by a Urologist because I am having trouble urinating.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/24/2018
Pharmacist: Dr. Sone, Pharm.D. replied 3 months ago
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
It can be used still. It might not be as effective, but won't cause harms.
I hope this fully addresses your question to your satisfaction! If you have no further questions, then please kindly rate my service by selecting the stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!
Just a friendly to please kindly rate your experience by selecting the stars on the top of your computer screen. I will get credit for helping you only if you rate my service. Take care and please don't hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance.