Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I'm 62 years old. I have sleep apnea. I reside in Ontario…

I'm 62 years old...

I'm 62 years old. I have sleep apnea. I reside in Ontario Canada. I have to get an Endoscopy upper gastro and small intestine. I have had no test for sleep apnea however i experience the signs of it. My doctor has not seen me in 3 years and suggested this test. I feel skipping or fluttering with my heart. Is this endoscopy safe to unddrgo especially with the use of heavy sedations like propofol, mizadola and meperidine?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Prevacid for stomach, lorazepam subliminal, Celexa, Primarin topycal, tumeric for inflammation and Robaxacets

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

No just one night i wome up gasping for air about one year ago. At times when i eat my food seems to have trouble going down my stomach. Heart fluttering is not consistent but i feel very fatigued and weak

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He knows i had a pituitary tumour over 15 years ago non-malignant and i was fine after surgery

3/23/2018
Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz
Hi, you are speaking with Dr Jonathan. There is no contraindication to getting an endoscopy if you have heart fluttering/skipping. Endoscopies aren't a major procedure. You have nothing to worry about. That being said, I would still just mention it to your doctor if you haven't already.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Thank you
You're very welcome. Best wishes with your procedure! You can end our chat when you are ready by clicking the Submit button in the top right corner. Have a great day.
Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz
Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz
Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz
Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz, Pharmacist