Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

The pharmacy that had been filling my prescription was a…

The pharmacy that had been...
The pharmacy that had been filling my prescription was a small nice family pharmacy. This month after an enjoyable 8 years being their customer, the pharmacy sold his business to Walgreens and transfered the prescriptions to Walgreens. In person I paid a visit to Walgreens to check if the transfers had gone to them. The pharmacist lady said they were in the"works" and in another day I could get them filled. I went back next day and the transfers had been recieved by Walgreens. The man pharmacist said" When a pharmacy in Ohio sells its records and closes, its a state law that you have to go back to the doctor and get brand new prescriptions sent to Walgreens. My doctor leaves for home by 4pm that tuesday so I went down to the clinic and saw her personally. If I did not go the next day would have been thursday. Is it a law that a patient has to go back to their doctor for new prescriptions when the old pharmacy sells its business to a company like Walgreens? Signed by Patient by his own efforts avoided 2 days without sleep and a possible trip to the psyc hospital. Is this a law?No thanks to the pharmacist at walgreens. He is wrong. Or is he right
3/23/2018
Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.

Hi this is Dr. Rollins I am a board certified licensed pharmacist with over 15 years of experience. In the state where I practice this is not the case. I would suggest calling the state board of pharmacy for your state to get the most correct answer. The phone number for the state board of pharmacy in Ohio is(###) ###-####

The number for the sate board of pharmacy in Ohio is(###) ###-####/p>

I hope I have helped,and that I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by clicking on 5 stars at the top of the screen. Rating me now does not close your question. Thank you

Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.
Ohio state board of Pharmacy representative, said"there is no such Ohio law" The rx guy did not know what he was talking about.

I was thinking that would be the answer you would receive from the state board. Sorry that pharmacy told you that. Thanks for the question and I hope you will be able to get your prescriptions.