Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I am taking xanax and verapamil. My dentist just prescribed…

I am taking xanax...

I am taking xanax and verapamil. My dentist just prescribed me flexeril and norco is this safe short term

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I am taking verapamil daily and xanax as needed. I had dental surgery and was prescribed the Norco and flexeril.

3/22/2018
Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz

Hi, you are speaking with Dr Jonathan.

The combination would be safe. However, the flexeril and norco will make you pretty drowsy and even dizzy. So don't plan on driving after taking them. Xanax will add to that effect. So what you can do is space some of them out by 4-6 hours.

Thank you. So it will be safe for me to take my verapamil tonight also

Yes there's no concern with the Verapamil at all.

Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz
Thank you so much.