Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

Does DSMO help in treating plantar fasciitis? The doctor…

Customer Question
Does DSMO help in...

Does DSMO help in treating plantar fasciitis?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes, the doctor wasn't much help and sent me to a foot clinic where they have given me exercises to do as well as heat treatment. I also sleep with a night splint. It all helps a little bit, but it's an awfully slow process. I am on Xarelto and Hiprex.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, I don't think so.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
3/20/2018
Pharmacist: Dr. Sone, Pharm.D. replied 4 months ago
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
Hi there,
It has mixed results. Some people got relief, and some didn't at all. You will need to give it a try to see for yourself.
I hope this fully addresses your question to your satisfaction! If you have no further questions, then please kindly rate my service by selecting the stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!
DMSO is considered a great anti inflammatory agent. I would try it for a week. You should be able to tell when it starts working.
Just a friendly reminder to please kindly rate my service by selecting the stars at the top of the screen. We only get credit for helping if you rate us :)