Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
Experience:  Pharmacist
92765638

Is there a way that I can be prescribed ceftriaxone oral for

Customer Question

Hi, is there a way that I can be prescribed ceftriaxone oral for gonorrhea without visiting a doctor's office
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No, my partner was infected and is now cleared. No other medications.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Birth Control pills and Zyrtec. No allergies
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Sone replied 8 months ago.
Hi there,
Just answer currently does not provide prescriptions. We are a question answer service.
I would try AMWELL as they do offer some prescriptions online. Keep in mind, any controlled substance requires a face to face visit. Not sure if it will be cost effective for you as they do charge about $49-$99.
Second option would be to go to a nearest Urgent Care clinic and you should be in and out as the wait time is much shorter than the ER. Hope this helps.Additional information: How much does an online doctor visit on AMWELL cost? The cost of a visit is $59, compared to the average national cost of $139 for an office visit or $645 for an emergency room visit, and may be even less as some employers and insurance companies cover telehealth visit.
Expert:  Dr. Sone replied 8 months ago.
I hope this fully addresses your question to your satisfaction! If you have no further questions, then please kindly rate my service by selecting the stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. Sone replied 8 months ago.
Just a friendly reminder to please kindly rate my service by selecting the stars at the top of the screen. We only get credit for helping if you rate us :)