Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I have been taking Effexor and I ran out for several days. I…

I have been taking...

I have been taking Effexor and I ran out for several days. I have been having horrific nightmares and withdrawals. I just started back today. How long until feeling better

Doctor's Assistant: Back (~medical bodypart) How much Effexor do you use? Any issues with side effects?

One second please

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

75mg

3/18/2018
Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.

Hi this is Dr. Rollins I am a board certified licensed pharmacist with over 15 years of experience. You should start to see some results within 72 hour however the drug reaches steady blood levels around 3 weeks.

I hope I have helped,and that I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by clicking on 5 stars at the top of the screen. Rating me now does not close your question. Thank you

Do you know how long the nightmare will last

I would suspect they will start to go away within 72 hours.

Ok thank you. I can’t sleep more than 20 minutes at a time. Then I wake up horrified. Is there anything I can do for the next few days

I would suggest benadryl at night.

Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.
Ok thank you

Your welcome