Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

What is the biggest dose for furosemide and spironolactone…

Customer Question
What is the biggest...

What is the biggest dose for furosemide and spironolactone to take together at ones

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
3/15/2018
Pharmacist: Drugdad, Pharmacist replied 4 months ago
Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist

Hi, thanks for the question. What are you taking the two medications for?

For water in my body

Depending on what the indications are for these two drugs, the maximum dose will be dictated by patient tolerance. Since you are using it for fluid reduction. Max dose of lasix is 80 mg/day while max dose for spironolactone is 200 mg/day. In combination, you should expect to use less of each because of side effects from the two medications. The biggest worry would be low blood pressure

Why I do not have an answer?

Did you see my answer?