Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I read from a website that celexa and caffiene can cause…

Customer Question
I read from a...

I read from a website that celexa and caffiene can cause serotonin syndrome... I'v drank caffiene nine years with celexa! Is that true ?

Doctor's Assistant: How much Celexa do you use? Any issues with side effects?

40 mg... not really just fatigue

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
3/13/2018
Pharmacist: Saqib, Pharmacist replied 4 months ago
Saqib
Saqib, Pharmacist

Hi, My name is***** have been helping my patients as a licensed pharmacist since last 14 years. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Hi.Its not true. There is no interaction between caffeine and Celexa. Caffeine does not increases Serotonin in your brain.

Please don't forget to rate my service if you like this answer.

What should I avoid on celexa besides alcohol?

There is nothing specific to be avoided beside alcohol. OTC meds are ok to take. . Supplements like L-Tryptophan or 5-HTP should be avoided as they increase Serotonin