Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

Is there any conflict in taking eliquis as a blood thinner…

Customer Question
Is there any conflict...

Is there any conflict in taking eliquis as a blood thinner and the medical mariquanna over the counter BCD for back pain and restless legs

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No recent injuries and the pain usually occurs at night around midnight to two a.m..

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

The reason I m taking eloqist is I have aphib and a small clot behind my right knee that has been tere and has no gotten bigger or moved in two years

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
3/13/2018
Pharmacist: Dr. Sone, Pharm.D. replied 4 months ago
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
Hi there,
I would be cautious as it can affect the blood thinning effect..It increases the anticoagulant effect of blood thinners seems to be related to the fact that marijuana inhibits the drug’s metabolism and displaces it from its protein binding sites
I hope this fully addresses your question to your satisfaction! If you have no further questions, then please kindly rate my service by selecting the stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!
I double checked my other references and there is NO major interactions between the two. Hope this helps.
Just a friendly reminder to please kindly rate my service by selecting the stars at the top of the screen. We only get credit for helping if you rate us :)