Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

What is the interaction with Sambucol and tegretol? Tegretol…

What is the interaction...

What is the interaction with Sambucol and tegretol ?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Tegretol 400 mg twice a day for trigeminal neuralgia

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Only the tegretol and not allergic to any others

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I’m pretty healthy I’m 76 but still work and am pretty active

3/12/2018
Shaun Dillavou
Shaun Dillavou, Pharmacist

Hello - This is Dr. Shaun and I am a pharmacist with over 15 years of experience. Thank you for the question and for using JustAnswer.

There are no known interactions or any reported interactions between Sambucol (or Elderberry) and Tegretol.

Thank you

You are very welcome. If you have any other questions, please let me know. I have heard great things about Elderberry and started using it recently myself.

Please also take a moment at your convenience to rate your experience. My goal is to provide a 5-star rating to all of my customers. If there is anything else, do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

Shaun Dillavou
Shaun Dillavou, Pharmacist