Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I have a kidney infection and Dr. gave me Sulfamethoxazole…

I have a kidney...

I have a kidney infection and Dr. gave me Sulfamethoxazole to take. I also take 1 50mg Trazodone to sleep. Both at bedtime. Is this safe

Doctor's Assistant: What over-the-counter and prescription medications are you currently taking?

Just these two

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

It that I know of

3/9/2018
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
they are safe to take together. No major Interactions.
I hope this fully addresses your question to your satisfaction! If you have no further questions, then please kindly rate my service by selecting the stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!
Oh and be sure to drink plenty of fluids throughout the day unless you are on any fluid restrictions. That will help flush the drug and bacteria out of your urinary tract.
Just a friendly reminder to please kindly rate my service by selecting the stars at the top of the screen. We only get credit for helping if you rate us :)
Found it very helpful
Great. Please click on the stars on top of your screen :)
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.