Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

Walgreen's is currently substituting a drug for atenelol.

Customer Question
Walgreen's is currently substituting...

Doctor's Assistant: What over-the-counter and prescription medications are you currently taking?

For the atenelol they sustituted a drug that looks like "troy" ?? on the handwritten label

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
Pharmacist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Metoprolol?

NO, they handwrote it and it looks like woy or troy

it is probably another beta blocker

just click send to reply

Walgreen's does substitute #22/D 9 ( thicker) tablet or a #477 (NOT flat) tablet or M/231 or TEVA 93/752 for the former Atenolol.
They say that Atenolol is oversold and the replacement above replacement pills are the same as Atenolol. Is the TEVA pill the actual Atenolol? Since I've taken the substitutes my blood pressure has fluctuated from 190/95 to 120/75. I always take my pressure at the same time each day.

yes, it is the same exact thing

All the pills I mentioned in my e-mail are the same thing?????

they are all atenolol though correct?

just click send to reply