Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

Last March I had the flu and my doctor prescribed me the…

Customer Question
Hello, last March I had...
Hello, last March I had the flu and my doctor prescribed me the generic form of Cheratussin AC for my cough. I still have almost a full bottle left and am sick again with strep throat and either the flu or some sort of bronchial thing because I can’t stop coughing. I was wondering if
a.) I can still take this cough syrup or if it’s expired now?
b.) would it have any interaction with other medications? I took an over the counter cough syrup about 6 hours ago and am on an antibiotic. Thank you!
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
2/17/2018
Pharmacist: Dr. Sone, Pharm.D. replied 4 months ago
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
Hello, Yes it is still going to be effective to use and no interaction with your other cough Medication you took 6 hours ago.
If this answers your question and you have no further questions, then please kindly rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!
Be sure to drink plenty of fluids and use cough drops during the day
Checking back to see how is your cough. Hopefully improving :)
I hope this fully addresses your question to your satisfaction! If you have no further questions, then please kindly rate my service by selecting the stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!