Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

My current skin care formula is 4% azelaic acid, 1%

My current skin care...

My current skin care formula is 4% azelaic acid, 1% clindamycin and 4% niacinamide. I’m wondering if I’m able to start using 94.5% pure hyaluronic acid gel in my skincare routine? Or will these ingredients clash? Thank you

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I just listed the medication.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

None

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
2/14/2018
Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist

Hi, thanks for the question. There are not many studies on interaction for hyaluronic acid because it is considered cosmetic. From interaction point, it is ok.

Just make sure, to pay attention to side effects with the hyaluronic acid.

like skin reaction in form of rash

Perfect, thank you!

you are welcome

Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist