Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

Does the medication omalizumab helps to relieve sinus

Customer Question
Does the medication omalizumab...

Does the medication omalizumab helps to relieve sinus condition and reduce nose polyps.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Medications are, Seretiole, Alvesco, Pronasal, Singuler,,Rupafin, Flixonase Nasule. Allergic to pollen, grass, trees, mites, and mold. I am in Poland and the doctor wants to use Omalizumab ratehr than use Fess, which is a surgery.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
2/6/2018
Pharmacist: Drugdad, Pharmacist replied 6 months ago
Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist

Hi, thanks for the question. Omalizumab is not approved for reduction of nasal polyps or for sinus condition. But there are studies that have shown positive results for both nasal polyps reduction and sinus condition improvement.

Here is a link

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23021878

If you have addition questions, feel free to ask.