Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

Other than opioids, what would be prescribed for severe

Customer Question
Other than opioids, what...

Other than opioids, what would be prescribed for severe headaches?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I am writing a book and the main character is going to the doctor for his initial visit. Over the phone, the doctor sent him tylenol 3, but it's not helping much.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

He doesn't take any daily meds other than vitamins and is not allergic.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

The character had numbness in his legs causing dizziness and blurred vision. But it's the pain from the headaches that is the primary concern right now.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
1/9/2018
Pharmacist: Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D. replied 6 months ago
Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.
There are several treatments migraine headaches are typically treated with medications such as Imitrex. Other medications like topamax and propranolol are used to help prevent them. Fioricet is another prescription headache medication. Hopefully this fully answers your question once satisfied please click on accept answer thanks

I see you have had time to review my answer. Can I help you any further?