Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

Looking to see what interactions could cause agitation in my…

Customer Question
Looking to see what...

Looking to see what interactions could cause agitation in my 91 year old mother in law list below

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

_Divalproex Sodium 125mg twice daily
_Risperdal 0.5mg/day (PM)
_Lorazepam 0.25mg twice daily
_Donepezil 5mg/day (AM)
_Tylenol 325mg twice daily my mother in law

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No i listed them above _Divalproex Sodium 125mg twice daily
_Risperdal 0.5mg/day (PM)
_Lorazepam 0.25mg twice daily
_Donepezil 5mg/day (AM)
_Tylenol 325mg twice daily

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
1/8/2018
Pharmacist: Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist replied 5 months ago
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience: Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.

Thanks for your question! You're speaking with Dr. Bridget. I appreciate your patience as I review your question and prepare my response.

Hi! I am pharmacist that is Board Certified in Geriatric pharmacotherapy. I currently work with the elderly in nursing homes and have seen many cases of dementia with behavioral disturbance (including agitation).

Her current regimen does not contain interactions that would cause agitation, but some of the medications (even if they were given alone) could cause agitation. When did you first notice a change in her mood? Does it correlate with any medication changes?