Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

How often can someone take something? My wife was prescribed…

Customer Question
How often can someone...

How often can someone take something?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

My wife was prescribed phenazopyridine 200mg and cephalexin 500mg for treatment of a UTI. The meds have caused her to have bad gas. She took 2 OTC something 280mg gel tabs at about 10:30pm last night and they helped. Now the gas pain is back. Can she take two more now? We plan on going to her doctor later this am.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

She takes Atorvastatin 20mg 1 per day. No allergies we know of

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She recently had her gall bladder removed.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
1/8/2018
Pharmacist: Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz, Pharmacist replied 3 months ago
Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz
Hi, yes she can take another dose of the tablets for gas now.

Did you have any further questions?

Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz
Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz
Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz, Pharmacist