Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I have a cold and my question is what over the counter cold…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a cold and my question is what over the counter cold medicine is safest for me to take day and night with my medicines I am on which are, Zoloft, buspar, singular, multivitamin and fish oil?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I take zolft 200mg, buspar 30mg, singular 10mg, one multivitamin and two a day fish oil.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
1/6/2018
Pharmacist: Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist replied 6 months ago
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience: Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
Hi! The best option for you would be Mucinex D during the day. It is behind the pharmacy counter and will help clear out mucous. You can use Chlortrimeton at night to dry up mucous and quiet a cough. These are safe to use with your prescriptions.
Does this help? Please let me know if you have any further questions:)