Pharmacy

Pharmacy Questions? Ask a Pharmacist Online.

Pharmacy

My husband and I BOTH have bronchitis. His is worse than…

Customer Question
My husband and I BOTH...
My husband and I BOTH have bronchitis. His is worse than mine. Thought about going to ER. My husband has an artificial heart valve, and is on blood thinning medications. He is 70 years old. I am 63. I am allergic to penicillin. We would like to get something quickly so we can start as soon as possible.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Pharmacy
1/3/2018
Pharmacist: Dr. Sone, Pharm.D. replied 1 month ago
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
Sorry to hear that both of you guys are not feeling well. JustAnswer.com is simply a question answer site. We are currently not authorized to fill prescriptions. You will need to see your doctor for a prescription. I apologize for any inconvenience.
I can help you get something OTC to help with the symptoms till both of you can see a doctor for a prescription. Rather than going to ER, I suggest going to Urgent Care as the wait time will be much shorter.
I recommended taking liquid Benadryl 2 teaspoons at bedtime and Robitussin DM during the day every 4-6 hours. Also get some Halls cough drops.
Gargle with warm salt water every 1-2 hours. You should feel better in a day or so.
If not improving or worsening, then see a doctor for prescription.
If this answers your question and you have no further questions, then please kindly rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.