Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I've been onTrazodone, Neurontin & Quetipine since 2007 for…

Customer Question
I've been onTrazodone, Neurontin...

I've been onTrazodone, Neurontin & Quetipine since 2007 for sleep. Whe I stopped smoking in 2002 I never slept a wink for over a week. I was put on Restoril for 5 years & struggle toget off that drug & finally tapered myself off but then couldnot sleepanymore. Then I was put on the above three drugs & if I miss just one of those pills I do not sleep all night long! I amnow trying to get off all three I have been able over ONE year to reduce Quetiapine from 100mg to 25 mg. I son't sleep really well, butI do sleep after one year os a slow withdrawal. Not sure how to proceed to get completely off that & to start getting off Trazodone. Can you help me?l

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I have a continuous runny nose, but I don't know what I am allergic to. I have high BP so I'm on Lisinopril & an under active thyroid on Thyroxine.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I also at times can't seem to swallow my food or drink so my doctor ordered Prilosec although I'venot yet started it asI am very reluctant to take any more pills for anything. Oh, yes, I'm also on Hydroxyurea for hIgh Platelets. I am 76 old.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
1/3/2018
Pharmacist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Do you take any other meds?