Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I have some cuts in my vagina that are uncomfortable and…

Customer Question
I have some cuts...

I have some cuts in my vagina that are uncomfortable and hurt when i urinate. They occurred from some over zealous sex last week :) they've improved but are still hurting. Any suggestions?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

8 days now? Urinating makes it worse.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
12/30/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Sone, Pharm.D. replied 3 months ago
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
Thank you for your patience. I would use Lotrimin OTC cream to help relieve the pain and burning since it has been 8 days. If still no improvement after 2-3 days, then might need to see your OB.
If this answers your question and you have no further questions, then please kindly rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!
Oh and also buy AZO OTC and take that 3 times a day for 2 days.
What is AZO
AZO or Uristat is Phenazopyridine 95mg tablets. That will help stop the burning and pain from urination.
They are available pretty much at any pharmacy OTC section
Update. Don't worry about buying AZO, unless already done.
According to my references, vaginal cuts heal on their own. Just wash it, dry it gently, don’t irritate it by picking, touching, rubbing, sex, fingers, masturbating, toys, tampons, etc. Just let it be, and it will heal.If it’s in a spot where the normal movement of your body irritates it, you can apply a very small amount of cold-pressed lubricating vegetable oil (coconut, olive) to simply allow the flesh to slide across itself instead of catching. This can be really helpful when there are small splits at the joins of the clitoral hood and the labia, since the hood has to move across the top of the clitoris and with the labia. It just smooths it out and can make it less uncomfortable, and help protect a little bit from urine.
If the cut is in a place where urine gets into it every time you pee, you can adjust the angle that you pee on to try to avoid it, or squirt water onto your vulva as you pee to dilute the urine. Urine is very acidic, so it gets into the raw flesh and stings like crazy. Diluting the urine simply makes it less painful.If you need to, go without underwear and walk funny! Do what you gotta to keep it from being painful. A sore vag is no fun, but the less you touch it, the faster it will heal, and then you can just get on with life. If the pain is really bad or there is a lot of swelling, you can apply ice packs (with a tea towel or cloth over to prevent sticking or freezer burn!), have a soothing oat bath, or if it’s really bad, consider some form of pain killer or anti-inflammatory. It is not recommended to simply take drugs because you are in some pain, but as with any wound, if it is causing you significant discomfort or pain, you do have some options for temporary relief.
Wash your vulva with plain warm water only, and if it seems like your vulva will cope (not sting) or really needs it, use a very small amount of hypoallergenic soap. ‘Hypoallergenic’ generally means not the Mickey Mouse variety – natural ingredients, gentle, soft, mild, no artificial harsh ingredients. The kind of soap you would wash a baby with if you were a yoga mum who loves organic stuff. You know. Gentle.
Checking back to ensure you don't have any other questions.
Take care and Happy New Year!
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.