Pharmacy

Pharmacy Questions? Ask a Pharmacist Online.

Pharmacy

I take Ambien, 2mg Klonopin, zzquill, 10 mg Melotonin ; can…

Customer Question
I take Ambien,...

I take Ambien, 2mg Klonopin, zzquill, 10 mg Melotonin ; can I take my Effexor 150 mg which I take 1 in the morning. My Dr. that died prescripted this but it seems like a lot . I have been leaving out the Effexor at night.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

NKA & daytime is Diovan, Norvace, Nexium & effexor

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Pharmacy
12/29/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist replied 1 month ago
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience: Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.

Thanks for your question! You're speaking with Dr. Bridget. I appreciate your patience as I review your question and prepare my response.

The only interaction of your current medicines with Effexor is with the ZzzQuil. The combination can increase the risk for a type of heart arrhythmia. You should consider avoiding the combination if you can.

Does this help? Please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic. Thanks!

Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist