Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I take Ambien, 2mg Klonopin, zzquill, 10 mg Melotonin ; can…

Customer Question
I take Ambien,...

I take Ambien, 2mg Klonopin, zzquill, 10 mg Melotonin ; can I take my Effexor 150 mg which I take 1 in the morning. My Dr. that died prescripted this but it seems like a lot . I have been leaving out the Effexor at night.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

NKA & daytime is Diovan, Norvace, Nexium & effexor

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
12/29/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist replied 6 months ago
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience: Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.

Thanks for your question! You're speaking with Dr. Bridget. I appreciate your patience as I review your question and prepare my response.

The only interaction of your current medicines with Effexor is with the ZzzQuil. The combination can increase the risk for a type of heart arrhythmia. You should consider avoiding the combination if you can.

Does this help? Please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic. Thanks!