Pharmacy

Pharmacy Questions? Ask a Pharmacist Online.

Pharmacy

Cefdinir is not working for my sinus infection. Can I get a…

Customer Question
Cefdinir is not working...

Cefdinir is not working for my sinus infection. Can I get a shot of penicillin now also?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?

No. I am on a cruise and my face feels like it is going to blow up. I am going to try musinex as soon as the shops open. But, I was wondering if I should go to the Doctor on the ship and just get a shot. I am not sure if I am overloading on antibiotics.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am allergic to erythromycin

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
12/23/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz, Pharmacist replied 2 months ago
Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz
Hi, you are speaking with Dr Jonathan. A shot of penicillin will not treat a sinus infection. Continue taking the cefdinir until it is finished. Mucinex also will not help with sinuses. You will want to buy Sudafed, that is a decongestant.
Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz
Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz
Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz, Pharmacist