Pharmacy

Pharmacy Questions? Ask a Pharmacist Online.

Pharmacy

How are you and merry Christmas I’ve been struggling with…

Customer Question
Hi how are you...

Hi how are you and merry Christmas I’ve been struggling with pretty bad anxiety for the past few months I was prescribed Prozaca ssir but it hasn’t been helping with my social anxiety I need help

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Same to you!

Thank you

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Prozac

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No nothing

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
Hello
12/21/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz, Pharmacist replied 2 months ago
Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz

Hi, you are speaking with Dr Jonathan. Sorry to hear about your issue. How long have you been on Prozac, and at what dose?

25mg and about 11 weeks
My phone has a broken screen sorry can’t right now

I see. It can take up to about 4 months for SSRI's to take effect. I would wait just a bit longer to see if it starts to help. If not, you have some options. You can speak to your doctor about increasing the dosage. Or, you can get prescribed something that you take only at the times when you feel anxiety. Your doctor can help you decide which is a better option for you.

Hello is some one here

Yes, I am still here.

My phone is broken and can’t receive calls or texts I’m on my ipad

That's fine. It's an automatic offer from the website. Did you receive my response above about your options?

No I didn’t sorry

Ok thank you I need something to work now not another few weeks

Understood. Convey that to your doctor. He/She can write you a prescription. Hope that it helps!

Did you have any further questions for today?

If not, it's been a pleasure assisting you. You can click the "Submit" button in the top right corner to end our chat when you are ready.

Pharmacist: Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz, Pharmacist replied 1 month ago

Hi, I noticed our chat was left open. Did you have any more questions? I am still available. Otherwise, you can click "Submit" in the top right corner to close out. Take care!

Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz
Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz
Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz, Pharmacist