Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I take Paxil cr 37.5; lithium 600 mg; and trazodone 50 mg…

Customer Question
I take Paxil cr...

I take Paxil cr 37.5; lithium 600 mg; and trazodone 50 mg daily. In looking at recent drug interactions, I question the safety of these drugs together.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Sensitivity to epinephrine based drugs and caffeine.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Mitral valve prolapse. Recent hospital observation for PACs-multiple x 3 day, and HR at rest 46-52 bpm.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
12/17/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Sone, Pharm.D. replied 8 months ago
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
Yes if you check online or drug references, it will show all three have drug drug Interactions. But in reality, all three are used very commonly. Especially Paxil and Trazodone. I wouldn't worry about those interactions as they are just precautions as they have them with numerous other medications.
If this answers your question and you have no further questions, then
please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!
Hello there, just checking back to see if you have any other questions. Hope those medications are helping you with your symptoms. Please don't give up even if you experience some side effects they will go away with time just hang in there