Pharmacy

Pharmacy Questions? Ask a Pharmacist Online.

Pharmacy

I'm trying to find Saforis - manufactured by MGI pharma...

Customer Question
I'm trying to find...

I'm trying to find Saforis - manufactured by MGI pharma... did it ever become available?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

This is for my husband who is undergoing chemotherapy for colon cancer. His mouth is so full of sores that he can barely eat. I have asked the oncologist if there is anything that can be done for this side effect. He said no so I have been researching it myself.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

This had been going on since they added irinot can to his regimen... about a month... he also gets 5-fu and bevucizamab

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No... this is my husband - not me

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
12/16/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz, Pharmacist replied 2 months ago
Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz
Hi, you are speaking with Dr Jonathan. The cancer patients we see in my clinic have found benefit from something called Gelclair. It is an oral gel. I don't believe Saforis is available at this time.
Did you have any further questions?
Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz
Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz
Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz, Pharmacist