Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

My pain mgt doctor, I have rsd, took me off cold turkey the…

Customer Question
My pain mgt doctor...

My pain mgt doctor, I have rsd, took me off cold turkey the med restoril. I was on it for 4 years. no sleep for about a month

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

Hot baths better, I'm eating foods with potassium and magnesium, looked it up on line.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was also weaned of oxy and ms contin too. I had a ketamine infusion on the 30th of November. THe infusion made sleep a no go, my brain wont turn off

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
12/14/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Sone, Pharm.D. replied 7 months ago
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
Hi there,
I suggest using Melatonin or Benadryl for sleep.
Just checking to ensure you were able to get some sleep. Sorry about the short answer last night. It was pretty late, but I wanted to be sure you have something to take for sleep.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
You might have to go back on Restoril if other meds don't help. Just be sure to speak with your doctor.