Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I am prescribed celebrex two x a day 200 each mg. I also…

Customer Question
I am prescribed celebrex two...
I am prescribed celebrex two x a day 200 each mg. I also have been prescribed voltaren 3 mg to put on neck 3x daily. Is that too much NSAID? I take the celebrex daily but only use voltaren on days that my head is hurting. I am on this for cervicogenic migraines. So it may be a couple days a week.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
12/7/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz, Pharmacist replied 7 months ago
Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz

Hi, you are speaking with Dr Jonathan. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

You may want to speak to your doctor about switching to something other than either Voltaren or Celebrex. I would say stick with the drug that is helping you the most at this time. As for the other one, you may want to have it switched. On weeks were you have more migraines, it may be too much NSAID. The biggest risk would be stomach problems, such as ulcers.

Did you have any further questions?