Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I am having anxiety 3 weeks after Reclast infusion and Deco…

Hi! my name is*****...

Hi! my name is***** am having anxiety 3 weeks after Reclast infusion and Deco Medrol ( for body pain) - injection for Reclast symptoms. May I take my Paroxetine for the anxiety?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

The Deco Medrol (steroid) injection has taken away the body and joint pain. Good thing! Now, I seem to be having side effect of high anxiety from Medrol injection. Dr. Told me the Medrol will help with pain for 30-40 days. Pain is about gone. Taking nothing for pain. Now, the anxiety is pretty bad.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Life was pretty great before Nov. 8 Reclast infusion. Now, life is out of my control - I am anxious and depressed

12/4/2017
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience: Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.

Thanks for your question! You're speaking with Dr. Bridget. I appreciate your patience as I review your question and prepare my response.

To clarify your question, you want to know if it is safe to use Paroxetine after a prior Reclast infusion and Medrol injection?

Thanks for clarifying:)

Yes, it is perfectly safe to use Paroxetine at this time. There are no interactions with Reclast or Medrol.

Does this help? Please do let me know if you have further questions/concerns.

that is my question. Body and joint pain is mostly gone - not taking pain meds now. Just have anxiety at this time.

Ok great! Hope the anxiety resolves very soon:)

Please feel free to reply at any time if you think of anything else on this topic. I will be happy to assist you!

Best wishes,

Dr. Bridget

Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist