Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I am suffering from severe OCD and deprission from the last…

Customer Question
I am suffering from...

I am suffering from severe OCD and deprission from the last 24 years. Currently i am on 40 Mg +40 Mg fluoxetine, Busiprone 10 Mg thrice a day, Clonezapam .25 Mg once3 a day. OCD is manageable but depression is not. Suggest me new combination

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?

I have been on psychiatric treatment for the last 16 years. From the doctor which has got masters in psychiatry

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?

Lack of concentration, very poor peripheral alertness also. All these symptoms affecting my daily life a lot and my job also

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
I need a drug combination urgently that can treat my severe disabling OCD( OCD is manageble with the present treatment )and disabling depression (Not manageable) . As i have problem of pure OCD only obsessive ruminations and thoughts intrusions, no behavior therapy is required only drug treatment works. Previously i have been on combination of Fluxoteine and clomipramine , for eleven yaers ( 40 Mg Fluxoteine +75 Mg SR Clomipramine) . Due to sudden withdrawal of treatment some two years ago for ten months, I lost my tolerance to Clomipramine. If i takes it severe pulse rate 135 beats/minute at rest not manageable even with the combination of 7.5 Mg + 7.5 Mg of evabradine, so i can't take clomipramine any more not at all. Suggest me the drugs other then clomipramine
Answered in 1 day by:
12/4/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist replied 7 months ago
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience: Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.

Thanks for your question! You're speaking with Dr. Bridget. I appreciate your patience as I review your question and prepare my response.

To clarify, you'd like to know what drugs other than Clomipramine can be used to treat OCD?

Are there any other medications you already know don't work for you other than Clomipramine? I don't want to suggest something you have already tried.

Thank you!

My OCD is manageable with 40 mg + 40 mg fluxoteine, 10 Mg buspirone thrice a day and .25 Clonezapam , but it is severe depression that is not tacklable. suggest me some medicine for depression along with ocd

There are a number of other antidepressants that can be added onto your regimen for depression, but the one that has the most evidence for efficacy for treating OCD with depression is Venlafaxine.

Does this help? Please let me know if you have further questions/concerns:)

Now i will have to take how much quantity of Venlafaxine along with Fuloxetine or alone venlafaxine. Kindly send me the complete prescription of daily dose. So that I can start with the new combination
Sorry for any confusion, but we don’t offer prescription services. You won’t be able to get legit scripts for psych meds online. You will need to get this from the physician that is prescribing your other medications. Also, you would not want to add meds or stop meds without your physician knowing about it.