Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I regularly take generic 5 mg ambien for insomnia. However,

Customer Question
I regularly take generic...

I regularly take generic 5 mg ambien for insomnia. However, I am currently fighting upper respiratory infection. The doctor prescribed promethazine with codeine for the coughing. Can I take both. I’ve been awake for 20.5hrs now.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Ambien 5mg, amitriptyline 10mg (I’m out). Only had a bad reaction to oral lamasil. Other than that NKA.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

The doctor also prescribed Cefdinir, and Montelucast for the URI

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/2/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Sone, Pharm.D. replied 7 months ago
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
Yes you can take them together. They might cause a little more drowsiness together which is beneficial in your case.
If this answers your question and you have no further questions, then please kindly click on ACCEPT for me to get credit for helping you.
You still have 7 days after your initial question to come back with any questions you have without having to pay extra. Take care.