Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I had a severe allergic reaction at age 7 to a tetinus

Customer Question
I had a severe...

I had a severe allergic reaction at age 7 to a tetinus vacine. I'm now 70 years old & would like to have the Prevnar 13 vacine. I was told that the tetinus vacine was a "horse serum" variety & is no longer in use. Do you have any advice?

Doctor's Assistant: What over-the-counter and prescription medications are you currently taking?

Allopurinal 300mg, simvastatain 20mg, atenolol 50 mg, amlodipine 10mg,triamterene 75mg, The over the counter pills I take are calcium & vitamin D3, and one glucosimine daily1200mg.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No allergic reactions to any of the meds I take & I taken them for several years.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really. The meds I currently take are for principally for high blood pressure and my blood pressure is currently around 120/65. Have no allergy problems.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

You are fine to get the prevnar. No reactions will occur