Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
Experience:  Pharmacist
92765638

I have a cold with much nasal congestion. I also have COPD

Customer Question

I have a cold with much nasal congestion. I also have COPD and asthma. What decongestant over the counter is safe for me to user
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: I am diabetic on insulin.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Also have kidney disease and tsaken a anti represent.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Sone replied 11 months ago.
Hi there,
Thank you for your patience. I would take Pseudafed for the nasal congestion. If have cough and runny nose, then also take liquid Benadryl at bedtime and Robitussin DM plus Claritin during the day.
If this answers your question and you have no further questions, then please kindly click on ACCEPT for me to get credit for helping you.
You still have 7 days after your initial question to come back with any questions you have without having to pay extra. Take care.
Oh and Flonase nasal spray is also very helpful with nasal congestion. You can use this twice a day. Pseudafed is every 4-6 hours except avoid closer to bedtime as it can disrupt sleep.
Checking back to see how you are doing?