Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

Is it safe or not for me to take Pseudoephedrine HCL 30 mg.

Customer Question
Is it safe or...

Is it safe or not for me to take Pseudoephedrine HCL 30 mg. for my cold. I started taking it yesterday. I just read the tiny print on the box which says DO NOT TAKE if any of my meds contain MAOIs. I have Parkinson's and my medication's are: Carbodopa/Levodopa and Ropinerole. Do either of these contain an MAOI? THANK YOU for answering my question.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I take Carbodopa/Levodopa and Ropinerole.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am allergic to Demerol.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
11/29/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D. replied 4 months ago
Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.
You are safe to take pseudoephedrine as your medications do not contain an MOAI. Hopefully this fully answers your question once satisfied please rate my answer answer thanks

I see you have had time to review my answer. At your convenience please rate my answer to close out our conversation. Thanks.

Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.