Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

Is it safe to take 10mg of celexa and 10 mg of

Customer Question
cyclobenzaprine?...
Is it safe to take 10mg of celexa and 10 mg of cyclobenzaprine?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
11/22/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D. replied 7 months ago
Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.
There is a small chance of a drug interaction with cyclonenzaprine increasing serotonin activity when taking citalopram. Your dose of citalopram is a low one and the incidence of the interaction is very low so the answer is in your case it will be ok to take together. Watch for symptoms of increased serotonin. Confusion, agitation, increased heart rate, and tremor. Hopefully this fully answers your question once satisfied please rate my answer thanks
I just started the celexa today. How long does it generally take to make a difference?
2-4 weeks
Do the side effects usually subside after a while?

Yes at 3 weeks as well.

I see you have had time to review my answer. If you need further assistance please let me know. Once satisfied please rate my answer to close out our conversation. Thanks