Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

On nov 10th my dr called with stool results and said I had c…

Customer Question
Hi on nov 10th my...
Hi on nov 10th my dr called with stool results and said I had c diff colitis. Nov 11th I began my 14 day flagyl prescription. I want to say beginning Tuesday my stool seemed better and progressively improved until Friday night. Now since Saturday nov 18th my stool has been not diarrhea but a light brown and it almost seems like damp compacted sand. Also it doesn't look like blood and it's not attached to the stool but there's pepper looking stuff floating. One was very yarnlike thin. Is it normal? Is it because I'm on an antibiotic my stool is weird or is it because it's not helping?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
Correction: *red pepper
11/20/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Sone, Pharm.D. replied 7 months ago
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
Hi thank you for your patience.
The antibiotic is working as the stool is changing. I would finish the entire course and then see your doctor to ensure all the c.diff bacterias are gone.
They might try another antibiotic if it is still there.
Please ask any other questions you might still have. If no further questions, then please kindly click on ACCEPT the answer for me to get credit for helping you.
You still have 7 days after your initial question to come back with any questions you have without having to pay extra. Take care.