Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

What is your treatment for multiple consussions. I've seen…

Customer Question
What is your treatment...

What is your treatment for multiple consussions

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes I've seen Drs and had CAT scans. I'm not on any med for the concussions.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have chronic kidney disease, hypertension, fibromyalgia, low back pain, neurological tremor

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Last concussion was almost a year ago. That was my third in three years. First concussion was three years ago. I took a fall on an icy driveway, fell backwards, hit the back of my head, which then bounced up, hit again, bounced up again, and hit the third time. So, I had a whiplash as well as the concussion. I had a whiplash previously from a car accident. I go to PT once a week and see a Dr of OMM.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/20/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Sone, Pharm.D. replied 5 months ago
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
There is actually not any medications used for concussion. Your body gradually goes back to normal after some time. Just be sure to avoid risky activities that can lead to more trauma to the head.
Please ask any other questions you might still have. If no further questions, then please kindly click on ACCEPT the answer for me to get credit for helping you.
You still have 7 days after your initial question to come back with any questions you have without having to pay extra. Take care.
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.