Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I would like to know if there are any drug interactions

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to know if there are any drug interactions between Lisinopril 20 mg, Levothyroxine 0.075 mg, Escitalopram 10mg, AmLODIPine 5mg, Loratadine 10mg or 20mg.?

Doctor's Assistant: What confuses you?

Since I started the Lisinopril 20 mg I get tired more easily, have trouble easing my breathing even using emergency Albuterol. I have put a question in to my physician about cutting down on the Lisinopril and after a week have not heard from him. Time to get a new physician?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

The medications I take daily are the ones I listed at the beginning of this chat.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, except physical therapy for bursitis which has improved.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
11/14/2017
Pharmacist: Shaun Dillavou, Pharmacist replied 8 months ago
Shaun Dillavou
Shaun Dillavou, Pharmacist

Hello - My name is ***** ***** I am a pharmacist with over 15 years experience. Thank you for the question and using JustAnswer.

Please give me a moment to review your question and provide a response.

Thank you - There are no interactions with the medications listed.

Recently starting or increasing your dose of lisinopril could result in these symptoms. 5-10mg is generally a good starting point when beginning lisinopril, and working your way up to 20mg depending on how well your body responds. Tiredness can be a symptom and is more likely if starting at 20mg vs. starting at a lower dose and increasing to 20mg over time. This is also a symptom that tends to improve as your body adjusts to the medication.

It would be good to speak to your doctor before making any adjustments. However cutting down to 10mg a day would not cause any harm, though I recommend monitoring your blood pressure a couple times a day and keeping a record so you can provide as much information to your doctor as possible when you do get in contact with him/her.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions or need any clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.