Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I need an otc cream similar to elocon. Only elocon cream but…

Customer Question
I need an otc...

I need an otc cream similar to elocon

Doctor's Assistant: What over-the-counter and prescription medications are you currently taking?

Only elocon cream but is finished and am going overseas today

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No all good

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
11/14/2017
Pharmacist: Shaun Dillavou, Pharmacist replied 8 months ago
Shaun Dillavou
Shaun Dillavou, Pharmacist

Hello - My name is ***** ***** I am a pharmacist with over 15 years experience. Thank you for the question and using JustAnswer.

Unfortunately, there is not a medication over-the-counter that is a good substitute for Elocon. Elocon is a strong topical steroid. The closest thing OTC is going to be cortisone, but this is not nearly as strong as Elocon.

If you could provide some more information I may be able to make a recommendation. For what condition are using the Elocon?