Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

Have been taking Benadryl 25 mg at night only since Monday.

Customer Question
I have cold and cough...
Have been taking Benadryl 25 mg at night only since Monday. I have cold and cough so it was disrupting my sleep. It seems to help me witht the cough due to post nasal drip, not sure if it helps me sleep too though. However, after 3 days of usage, will i become physically dependant or psychological dependent on it? Will i be able to sleep if My cough is gone but not taking benadryl anymore?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
11/9/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Sone, Pharm.D. replied 8 months ago
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
No you will not become physically or mentally dependant on it. It is not a habit forming drug. You will be just fine.
Please ask any other questions you might still have. If no further questions, then please kindly click on ACCEPT the answer for me to get credit for helping you.
You still have 7 days after your initial question to come back with any questions you have without having to pay extra. Take care.
Thank you. I just read so many forums that people get kinda stuck to it after a couple months usage for every night.
Do you think it is kind of he same thing with taking Nyquil while you are sick for a week?
that is correct.