Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

Is it okay to start taking -e when you are taking insulin,

Customer Question
Is it okay to...

Is it okay to start taking Sam-e when you are taking insulin, diabetes 2 medicine, high blood pressure medicine and may have MS ( MS not confirmed yet)

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes, have been hospital and have had one doctors appointment. Severe depression possibility. Do you need all the names of the medicine? What I've read online, it is a good mood booster and has no side effects

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I will get the list, not allergic to anything

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of. Lisinopril, 40Mg, Lantus Solostar, atrovastatin 40 mg,amLodipine 2.5 Mg, glipizide 10 mg, metformin 1000Mg, hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
10/6/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist replied 10 months ago
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience: Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.

Thanks for your question! You're speaking with Dr. Bridget. I appreciate your patience as I review your question and prepare my response.

Hi! Because Same E is not evaluated by the FDA, we have very limited information on this supplement. However, based on the information we do have available, Sam E is safe to use with your disease states and medications.

Do you have any further questions or concerns about Sam E? I am happy to help:)

Hi! How is everything going with the SAM E? I haven't heard back from you since posting my response:)