Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I took a double dose of my atenolol by mistake. I am on a…

Customer Question
I took a double...

I took a double dose of my atenolol by mistake. I am on a low dose of 25 mg. what should I do?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Besides the atenolol, I am on ramipril, Plavix baby aspirin Detrol and gabapentin.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had a massive coronary way back in 1996;had angioplasty and since then a few stents - one in 2007 and another in 2013. i get along okay - am 77 and still kicking. am allergic to cipro, cypris (sp?) and augmentum

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
10/4/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist replied 7 months ago
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience: Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.

Thanks for your question! You're speaking with Dr. Bridget. I appreciate your patience as I review your question and prepare my response.

Hi! No worries...taking a total of 50 mg of Atenolol in a day is still well below the max recommended dose. Your blood pressure and heart rate may drop slightly, but you should not expect any serious effects from this. Take it easy today if you feel light headed or dizzy. No other action is required.

Do you have any further questions or concerns? I am happy to help:)

Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist